Definition of scraper in English:
1A tool or device used for scraping, especially for removing dirt, paint, or other unwanted matter from a surface: a wallpaper scraper residues should be removed with sharp scrapers
More example sentences
- Use a paint scraper initially to remove the majority of the finish.
- Since the site was extremely wet, lime was trucked in to help solidify the ground, enabling the fleet of scrapers to remove the required amount of dirt.
- Apply the solution to the brick; allow it to soften paint; and remove with scraper and stiff bristle brush.
1.1 Archaeology A prehistoric flint implement with a sharpened edge used for scraping material such as hide or wood.
- The Ice Age was survived largely due to the ability to skin with fine flint scrapers and preserve pelts and hides.
- The site is dated by large quantities of Mesolithic flints, such as crescent-shaped microliths, scrapers and points.
- Excavations in 1870 revealed a primary inhumation burial accompanied by a food vessel, a flint scraper, and a flint knife suggesting a date slightly later than the henges.
Definition of scraper in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan