- 1A tool or device used for scraping, especially for removing dirt, paint, or other unwanted matter from a surface: a wallpaper scraper residues should be removed with sharp scrapersMore example sentences
- Use a paint scraper initially to remove the majority of the finish.
- Since the site was extremely wet, lime was trucked in to help solidify the ground, enabling the fleet of scrapers to remove the required amount of dirt.
- Apply the solution to the brick; allow it to soften paint; and remove with scraper and stiff bristle brush.
- 1.1 Archaeology A prehistoric flint implement with a sharpened edge used for scraping material such as hide or wood.More example sentences
- The Ice Age was survived largely due to the ability to skin with fine flint scrapers and preserve pelts and hides.
- The site is dated by large quantities of Mesolithic flints, such as crescent-shaped microliths, scrapers and points.
- Excavations in 1870 revealed a primary inhumation burial accompanied by a food vessel, a flint scraper, and a flint knife suggesting a date slightly later than the henges.
More definitions of scraperDefinition of scraper in:
- The US English dictionary