noun[mass noun] US
- Scraps of pork or other meat stewed with maize meal and shaped into large cakes.More example sentences
- Another dish is scrapple, a sort of savoury ‘loaf’ made with pork, cornmeal, and other ingredients, to be chilled and sliced, the slices then to be fried and served very hot.
- Puddings and scrapple are also breakfast favorites.
- His approach to food embodies a culinary ecology whereby nothing edible is wasted, which in part explains his fondness for the sausage-like scrapple.
mid 19th century: diminutive of the noun scrap1.
More definitions of scrappleDefinition of scrapple in:
- The US English dictionary