- A rough coating of plaster scratched before it is quite dry to ensure the adherence of the next coat.More example sentences
- First, a scratch coat is troweled onto the lath; the plaster oozes through the lath and grips the backing when it hardens.
- On smaller buildings, I combine the slip and scratch coats by making one sloppy, high clay-content plaster and mush that directly into the bales.
- Mix and apply slurry coat to the existing scratch coat ahead of the render application ensuring that the render is squeezed into the wet slurry coat.
More definitions of scratch coatDefinition of scratch coat in:
- The US English dictionary