An owl with a screeching call:
- ● A small American owl related to the scops owls (genus Otus, family Strigidae: in particular Otus asio). ● British another term for barn owl
More example sentences
- I leave you with one of the best passages of a description of a flock of blue jays mobbing a screech owl.
- Suddenly I heard the distant cry of a screech owl.
- I'm comfortable here, and content to listen to the screech owl outside and the gentle creaking of the house as it settles for the night.
Definition of screech owl in:
- The US English dictionary