1The time allotted to or occupied by a particular subject, actor, etc., on film or television: these characters deserve more screen time
More example sentences
- The film allows screen time for a number of different dance pieces to be played out in their entirety, much like a musical.
- While the pair star in the same film, they share little or no screen time together, making the film a disappointment for many.
- I just did not feel he captured the essence of the doctor, and this hurt the film seeing how much screen time he has.
2Time spent using a device such as a computer, television, or games console.
- Ask teachers how much screen time kids get each day.
- Limit your children's recreational screen time to fewer than two hours a day.
- People do not want to hear that the American Academy of Pediatrics says that children under two should not have any screen time.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: screen time
Definition of screen time in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.