Definition of screenwriter in English:
A person who writes a screenplay.
- That doesn't explain older screenwriters who choose to write about the trials and tribulations of the young.
- It does this without ever becoming overly dramatic or sentimental - a trait that many of Hollywood's screenwriters would do well to note.
- Ask people to name a contemporary screenwriter and even some of the most ardent film buffs might be left scratching their heads.
- Example sentences
- Like all of your work, this movie doesn't seem to come from the classical tradition of Hollywood screenwriting.
- The cumulative effect of using that same cause for each of their crises makes the screenwriting feel uncreative instead of revelatory though.
- I've read enough about screenwriting to know that, if you're going to use flashbacks, at least make them work in context.
Words that rhyme with screenwriterscriptwriter
Definition of screenwriter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.