Definition of screw cap in English:
A round cap or lid that can be screwed on to a bottle or jar.
- It was the sight of one of the panellists failing on two attempts to open the screw cap on a bottle of mineral water.
- Like most wine drinkers, you are no doubt aware of the increasing trend for our wines to be sealed with a metal screw cap.
- Almost airtight screw caps result in slower evolution and the less than perfect screw caps on older bottles will result in quicker change.
- Example sentences
- Recently I tasted five bottles of the 1937 Macallan, each of which had spent more than 30 years in a cask and about 30 years in screw-capped bottles.
- Within two months of launching its range consisting of over 30 screw-capped wines it has already sold over one-and-a-half million bottles.
- Freeze-ground material of leaves or flavedo was weighed in screw-capped Pyrex tubes and 2 ml of MeOH were added.
Definition of screw cap in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia