A round cap or lid that can be screwed on to a bottle or jar: [as modifier]: a screw-top coffee jar
More example sentences
- In turns of sealing the bottle best, a screw top probably does a better job than a cork, but there is a bit of a problem with perception.
- Honestly, they should put some kind of warning on the bottle if they're going to hide a screw top under the pretty festive wrapping where the cork should be.
- This precious substance was carefully picked off the plant and dropped into a bicycle repair tin with a lid or into a Marmite jar with a screw top.
- More example sentences
- Jeremy's great, great grandfather was the inventor of screw-topped, rubber-sealed jars.
- Spoon the pesto into a screw-topped jar, seal and store in the fridge for up to one week.
- To save it for cooking, pour it in a small screw-topped jar to keep out as much air as possible.
Definition of screw top in:
- The US English dictionary