Definition of screw top in English:
A round cap or lid that can be screwed on to a bottle or jar: [as modifier]: a screw-top coffee jar
More example sentences
- In turns of sealing the bottle best, a screw top probably does a better job than a cork, but there is a bit of a problem with perception.
- Honestly, they should put some kind of warning on the bottle if they're going to hide a screw top under the pretty festive wrapping where the cork should be.
- This precious substance was carefully picked off the plant and dropped into a bicycle repair tin with a lid or into a Marmite jar with a screw top.
- Example sentences
- Jeremy's great, great grandfather was the inventor of screw-topped, rubber-sealed jars.
- Spoon the pesto into a screw-topped jar, seal and store in the fridge for up to one week.
- To save it for cooking, pour it in a small screw-topped jar to keep out as much air as possible.
Definition of screw top in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan