- 1(Of the muscles of one’s face or around one’s eyes) contract, typically so as to express emotion or because of bright light: his freckled face screwed up with childish annoyanceMore example sentences
- They sat in the shade, their weather beaten faces screwed up against the harsh light.
- He started when he looked down to see a red, puckered face, screwed up in a scowl while staring up at him.
- Mr Black's wrinkly face screwed up to such a degree that he looked like a sun dried tomato.
- 2 • informal , chiefly North American Completely mismanage or mishandle a situation: I’m sorry, Susan, I screwed upMore example sentences
- In any other situation, if an employee screws up, they get fired.
- For most of my life, I've been in situations where people expect me to screw up.
- What I love is when the accountant screws up on a simple piece of multiplication.
More definitions of screw upDefinition of screw up in:
- The US English dictionary