Definition of screwdriver in English:
1A tool with a flattened or cross-shaped tip that fits into the head of a screw to turn it.
- Use an old screwdriver or similar tool to scrape out any failed caulk from joints and cracks.
- Although Dave called the room into which we stepped a kitchen, it actually more closely resembled a workshop, containing more spanners and screwdrivers than knives and forks.
- Make sure they are tight by holding onto the washer with the wrench and use the screwdriver to turn the bolt.
2A cocktail made from vodka and orange juice.
- The line for the booze at the party was a little long, but it paid off if you nabbed one of the 75% vodka screwdrivers they were mixing.
- If you're mixing screwdrivers yourself, go light on the vodka, as there are about five times as many calories in the vodka as in the orange juice.
- He returned momentarily with a fresh screwdriver and whiskey, and placed them on the table.
Definition of screwdriver in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.