Definition of screwdriver in English:
1A tool with a flattened or cross-shaped tip that fits into the head of a screw to turn it.
- Use an old screwdriver or similar tool to scrape out any failed caulk from joints and cracks.
- Although Dave called the room into which we stepped a kitchen, it actually more closely resembled a workshop, containing more spanners and screwdrivers than knives and forks.
- Make sure they are tight by holding onto the washer with the wrench and use the screwdriver to turn the bolt.
2A cocktail made from vodka and orange juice.
- The line for the booze at the party was a little long, but it paid off if you nabbed one of the 75% vodka screwdrivers they were mixing.
- If you're mixing screwdrivers yourself, go light on the vodka, as there are about five times as many calories in the vodka as in the orange juice.
- He returned momentarily with a fresh screwdriver and whiskey, and placed them on the table.
Definition of screwdriver in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan