Definition of screwed in English:
1(Of a bolt or other device) having a helical ridge or thread running around the outside: any tappings that aren’t being used on the cylinder can be fitted with screwed blanks the litter included screwed bags and used tickets
More example sentences
- The blade near the handle is pinned, with the pin locked by a screwed collar.
- Usually on an aluminum frame, those are riveted on, not screwed.
- I yelled while dragging him out of the house and stuffing my screwed beanie into my pocket.
2 informal In a difficult or hopeless situation; ruined or broken.
- We got screwed last time with him negotiating.
- Not only are there few jobs out there, but even when you get hired or have a job, people keep getting screwed one way or another, on pay, hours, you name it.
- I've become interested in socialism because it seems to me under capitalism the worker gets screwed left and right.
Definition of screwed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan