Definition of screwy in English:
adjective (screwier, screwiest)informal , chiefly North American
Rather odd or eccentric: my uncles were screwy old guys who had abandoned everyday life something screwy’s going on here
More example sentences
- Anyway I like the look of your new site, but it seems your navigation hyperlinks are still a bit screwy.
- As always my best efforts should not be trusted since I'm a bit screwy, so if you find any errors on my end please let me know.
- You know how people always tell stories about some of the screwiest traditions ever?
- Example sentences
- So I took it as further evidence that the sheer screwiness of the human brain's more fantastical-inventive tendencies hasn't really changed much over the centuries.
- Now, re-read this paragraph and if you don't recognize the screwiness of the results, read it again.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia