Definition of scriptural in English:
From or relating to the Bible: scriptural quotations from Genesis
More example sentences
- Rather, our purpose is to provide a scriptural evidence for these doctrines.
- During the Spiritual exercises, people meditate on a scriptural passage every day at the same time, for at least 30 minutes.
- Premodern interpreters, from both Qumran and the Syriac exegetical tradition, understood the scriptural text to be open to a revelatory discourse.
- Example sentences
- This article is not intended to scripturally refute the false doctrine of never ending punishment.
- If you have never been married or are scripturally loosed from a previous spouse you may marry.
- In addition, there are scripturally sound reasons for investing, and there are unscriptural reasons for investing.
Definition of scriptural in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan