noun (plural scrota /ˈskrəʊtə/ or scrotums)
A pouch of skin containing the testicles.
- The umbilicus can be used as a landmark when determining the location of the genital tubercle or presence of a scrotum in males.
- The top of the scrotum is warmest, having a surface temperature of 30.4°C and subcutaneous temperature of 34.3°C.
- The container was then lowered from the scrotum, and the water remaining in the container was carefully measured to the nearest milliliter in a graduated cylinder.
- Example sentences
- We report a case of scrotal leiomyoma in a 32 year old white male with a painless scrotal mass.
- Surgical care of scrotal trauma has evolved minimally since the early descriptions of Galen.
- When urologic intervention is not required, provide analgesia, bed rest, scrotal support, a cold pack and urologic follow up.
Late 16th century: from Latin.
Words that rhyme with scrotumfactotum, Gotham, teetotum, totem
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: scro|tum
Definition of scrotum in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.