noun[mass noun] (also scrublands)
- Land consisting of scrub vegetation.More example sentences
- They live in grasslands, deserts, desert scrublands, wetland and woodland edges, shrubby habitat, arctic and alpine tundra, agricultural fields, urban and suburban areas.
- The key habitats hosting threatened species (which, therefore need the maximum protection) are wetlands, followed by forests, grassland and scrubland.
- Wood mice (A. sylvaticus) are small rodents common in mixed forest and scrublands at our study area, where virtually no other terrestrial rodent species is present.
More definitions of scrublandDefinition of scrubland in:
- The US English dictionary