Definition of scrummage in English:
Another term for scrum.
- But unlike the rugby scrummage, the American version allowed one team to hold possession of the ball.
- A reorganised Kirkby front row competed well and the pack scrummaged well to take three against the head.
- With 20 minutes left and still a seven-man pack McKay went over following a back row pick up at a scrummage.
early 19th century: variant of scrimmage.
- Example sentences
- He weighs in 18 st 5lbs and stands 6ft 1in and is highly rated both as a scrummager and as a loose forward.
- He returned a year later and under the guidance and coaching of Jimmy Colton developed into an outstanding open side prop forward, proving to be a fine scrummager and ball-getter.
- Neither England, Wales or Ireland have a scrummager to strike fear into the best front rows in the world.
Words that rhyme with scrummagerummage
Definition of scrummage in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan