noun & verb
- another term for scrum.More example sentences
- But unlike the rugby scrummage, the American version allowed one team to hold possession of the ball.
- A reorganised Kirkby front row competed well and the pack scrummaged well to take three against the head.
- With 20 minutes left and still a seven-man pack McKay went over following a back row pick up at a scrummage.
- More example sentences
- He weighs in 18 st 5lbs and stands 6ft 1in and is highly rated both as a scrummager and as a loose forward.
- He returned a year later and under the guidance and coaching of Jimmy Colton developed into an outstanding open side prop forward, proving to be a fine scrummager and ball-getter.
- Neither England, Wales or Ireland have a scrummager to strike fear into the best front rows in the world.
early 19th century: variant of scrimmage.
More definitions of scrummageDefinition of scrummage in:
- The US English dictionary