Definition of scuba in English:
- Try-dives are organised to give anyone interested a taste of breathing underwater using a scuba unit in a safe, controlled environment.
- Shooters can fill the compressed air tank from either a standard scuba tank or from a high-pressure hand pump.
- Breathing the very cold air from an open-circuit scuba system can chill the inner core of the body; after all, the lungs are a major area of blood supply.
1.1 [mass noun] Scuba diving: I want to do some scuba [as modifier]: scuba gear
More example sentences
- For my last dive in North Cyprus I abandoned scuba gear to snorkel in shallow water without disturbing the feeding green turtles.
- Our art class prepares for the dive by making cardboard scuba gear.
- We recommend Louise takes the option which includes scuba gear and oxygen rental, so she won't need to bring her own equipment.
1950s: acronym from self-contained underwater breathing apparatus.
Words that rhyme with scubaAruba, Cuba, Nuba, tuba, tuber
Definition of scuba in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.