noun (plural scudi /-di/)• historical
- A coin, typically made of silver, formerly used in various Italian states.More example sentences
- In Venice that year, some canvas cost only a fourth of a scudo a meter.
- During the 1630s, he spent 57 percent of his income on running his unusually complex household and extended-family business, for which expenses amounted to about 840 scudi a year.
- For the decade of 1616 to 1625, which he spent in Rome, Fano, and Bologna, documented payments for oil paintings total about 3,000 scudi.
Italian, from Latin scutum 'shield'.
More definitions of scudoDefinition of scudo in:
- The US English dictionary