More definitions of SculptorDefinition of Sculptor in:
- The US English dictionary
- An artist who makes sculptures.More example sentences
- Every year it brings together an eclectic artistic mix of professionals and amateurs, traditional and avant-garde, young and old, British and international, sculptors, painters, architects, printmakers.
- Some were painters or sculptors, others had a more craftsmanship background as mask or puppet makers.
- Italian architects and sculptors were imported, including Bartolommeo Berecci and Giovanni Maria Padovano.
mid 17th century: from Latin, from sculpt- 'hollowed out', from the verb sculpere.