verb[no object, with adverbial of direction]
- (Especially of a small animal) move hurriedly with short steps: a little dog scuttered up from the cabinMore example sentences
- A traitorous spider scuttered along a branch sending Tale out of the bush and towards the porch.
- Its not a reflection from the torch, its not an insect scuttering by and its not a particle of dust.
- As soon as her body lay horizontally, spiders and insects and worms came scuttering forward, and began to eat her skin.
noun[in singular] Back to top
More definitions of scutterDefinition of scutter in:
- The US English dictionary