- Any of a number of marine fishes that are related to or resemble the common perch, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● the European bass, Dicentrarchus labrax (see bass2 ( sense 2)). ● a mainly tropical fish of a large family (Serranidae, the sea bass family), especially one of the genus Centropristis; the sea bass family also includes the groupers. ● (white sea bass) a large game fish of the Pacific coast of North America (Cynoscion nobilis, family Sciaenidae).
- Alaskan halibut, Alaskan salmon, sardines, white sea bass, and many farm-raised species, including tilapia, are better choices, according to the lists.
- Angela, along with twelve other PSC fishing members, landed approximately eighty nice, mostly small mouth, white sea bass.
- Again, did you know that the Pla samli, or kingfish is also known as the black-banded trevally, or the Pla kapong khao or sea perch is also known as the white sea bass?
More definitions of sea bassDefinition of sea bass in:
- The US English dictionary