Definition of sea biscuit in English:
1 Another term for ship's biscuit.
- Some examples of this sort are the small oyster cracker, used on top of seafood chowders, and the crackers known as ship's biscuit (or pilot biscuit or sea biscuit).
- As one of the original sailors' training ship Tingira recalled, they received for breakfast ’… a steaming bowl of hot cocoa, and a hard sea biscuit’.
- The British Admiralty, 16th century, deemed it anthropophagism and forbade it, though castaways, after Go days, were exempted upon the depletion of sea biscuits.
2 another term for sand dollar.
- This species is not nearly so flat as most clypeasteroids so the name "sand dollar" is not descriptive: It is usually called a sea biscuit.
- And then there is also the wonderful sea biscuit and even ‘sea cookies’ which are only about an inch in diameter and almost perfectly round.
Definition of sea biscuit in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan