An edible seaweed with green fronds that resemble lettuce leaves.
- Ulva lactuca, division Chlorophyta
More example sentences
- For other species you should look closely at the kelp and purple sea lettuces, where you will often find various exotic-looking examples in the process of mating.
- Species of sea lettuce form light yellowish green to dark green sheets and are common to our area and most shorelines around the world.
- Removing the sea lettuce</EM> will reduce the amount of nutrients in the ecosystem, which would be returned to the water if algae were allowed to decompose in place.
Definition of sea lettuce in:
- The US English dictionary