- An edible seaweed with green fronds that resemble lettuce leaves.
More example sentences
- Ulva lactuca, division Chlorophyta
- For other species you should look closely at the kelp and purple sea lettuces, where you will often find various exotic-looking examples in the process of mating.
- Species of sea lettuce form light yellowish green to dark green sheets and are common to our area and most shorelines around the world.
- Removing the sea lettuce</EM> will reduce the amount of nutrients in the ecosystem, which would be returned to the water if algae were allowed to decompose in place.
More definitions of sea lettuceDefinition of sea lettuce in:
- The US English dictionary