- A jellyfish with stinging tentacles.
More example sentences
- Chrysaora and other genera, class Scyphozoa
- Regions of the Chesapeake Bay can be notorious hotbeds for the sea nettle, Chrysaora quinuecirrha - a jellyfish with a veil of transparent stinging tentacles.
- Seen at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, delicate sea nettle jellyfish are creatures of grace and beauty - a fragile part of a complex ecosystem.
- True to its common name, the East Coast sea nettle, Chrysaora quinquecirrha, lives along the United States' eastern shore and plagues swimmers with painful welts.
More definitions of sea nettleDefinition of sea nettle in:
- The US English dictionary