- A marine coelenterate related to the corals, forming a feather-shaped colony with a horny or calcareous skeleton.
More example sentences
- Order Pennatulacea, class Anthozoa
- Among the strait's most impressive creatures is the beautiful sea pen, and these beautiful animals are often displayed in public aquariums.
- Anthozoans include sea anemones, a variety of corals, sea fans, and sea pens.
- There is no coral reef as such, but there are plenty of soft corals, sponges, gorgonia and some very colourful sea pens.
More definitions of sea penDefinition of sea pen in:
- The US English dictionary