A marine coelenterate related to the corals, forming a feather-shaped colony with a horny or calcareous skeleton.
- Order Pennatulacea, class Anthozoa
More example sentences
- Among the strait's most impressive creatures is the beautiful sea pen, and these beautiful animals are often displayed in public aquariums.
- Anthozoans include sea anemones, a variety of corals, sea fans, and sea pens.
- There is no coral reef as such, but there are plenty of soft corals, sponges, gorgonia and some very colourful sea pens.
Definition of sea pen in:
- The US English dictionary