- A venomous marine snake with a flattened tail, which lives in the warm coastal waters of the Indian and Pacific oceans and does not come on to land.
More example sentences
- Subfamily Hydrophiinae, family Elapidae: several genera and species, including the yellow-bellied sea snake (Pelamis platurus), the only species found in the open ocean
- It's amazing how fast you can fin when a yellow-belly sea snake is chasing your tail!
- A sea snake can live its whole life without ever touching land.
- A seafood that is peculiar to Okinawa is the sea snake caught in the neighbouring subtropical waters.
More definitions of sea snakeDefinition of sea snake in:
- The US English dictionary