- A valve sealing off an opening through a ship’s hull below or near to the waterline (e.g. one connecting a ship’s sewage system to the sea).More example sentences
- After the seacock or gate valve is closed, remove the hose temporarily so that it drains and then use an absorbent cloth or turkey baster to eliminate any residual water in the nipple.
- Internal loops in the water passages typically prevent complete drainage, so disconnect the raw-water connection from the closed seacock and submerge it in a 50-50 antifreeze mix.
- Since the seacock was left open, water poured in and sank the boat.
More definitions of seacockDefinition of seacock in:
- The US English dictionary