- 1(Of a ship) suitable or designed for voyages on the sea: seagoing trawlersMore example sentences
- The invention relates to a propulsion system for a fast seagoing ship, especially a naval ship.
- If you are posted to a seagoing ship, you will receive seagoing allowance.
- We provide cost-effective GSM deployment over satellite links to offshore stationary mobile platforms or seagoing vessels such as oil rigs, cruise ships and ferries.
- 1.1Characterized by or relating to travelling by sea, especially habitually: a seagoing lifeMore example sentences
- One of the difficult things about a seagoing life is the separation from family and friends.
- Like the Vikings, the Moros were seagoing traders, slavers and raiders.
- The peoples of the Cyclades and Crete were seagoing folk, and their first trading voyages to the islands of the Aegean seem to have been for obsidian.
More definitions of seagoingDefinition of seagoing in:
- The US English dictionary