noun[mass noun, usually as modifier]
- The ability of a vessel to withstand rough conditions at sea: she is showing excellent seakeeping tendencies with impressive speed the efficient hull form ensures good seakeeping and excellent fuel consumptionMore example sentences
- Thomas Jefferson's navy experimented with gunboats, colloquially named Jeffs, of one or two heavy guns - tiny ships that had little to offer in terms of seakeeping ability and endurance.
- Three major safety parameters - structural safety, overturning stability, and seakeeping quality - were evaluated altogether to assess the safety of the whole system.
- Emphasis is directed to good seakeeping characteristics and manoeuvrability.
More definitions of seakeepingDefinition of seakeeping in:
- The US English dictionary