1 [usually with modifier] A device or substance used to seal something: a vacuum sealer extends the time wine remains drinkable [mass noun]: lumber can be sealed with waterproof sealer
More example sentences
- Dry thoroughly, then apply an acrylic sealer or three coats of lemon oil.
- Waxes or acrylic sealers are commonly used for this.
- Before staining, you may want to apply a special wood sealer to the flooring.
Words that rhyme with sealerappealer, candela, Coahuila, concealer, dealer, feeler, healer, Keeler, kneeler, Leila, peeler, Philomela, reeler, revealer, Schiele, sheila, Shelagh, spieler, squealer, stealer, tequila, velar, Vila, wheeler, wheeler-dealer
A ship or person engaged in hunting seals.
- Shipped from England to Port Jackson, he served seven years for theft, but later became a sealer, earning enough to buy into his first ship.
- Those reports also found a wide readership among other explorers, and the southern ocean soon teemed with whalers and sealers from all over the world.
- Sealers came from all over the world to exploit the animal resources on the islands from 1803.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.