- 1 [usually with modifier] A device or substance used to seal something: a vacuum sealer extends the time wine remains drinkable [mass noun]: lumber can be sealed with waterproof sealerMore example sentences
- Dry thoroughly, then apply an acrylic sealer or three coats of lemon oil.
- Waxes or acrylic sealers are commonly used for this.
- Before staining, you may want to apply a special wood sealer to the flooring.
- A ship or person engaged in hunting seals.More example sentences
- Shipped from England to Port Jackson, he served seven years for theft, but later became a sealer, earning enough to buy into his first ship.
- Those reports also found a wide readership among other explorers, and the southern ocean soon teemed with whalers and sealers from all over the world.
- Sealers came from all over the world to exploit the animal resources on the islands from 1803.