A bowler, generally fast, who makes the ball deviate by bouncing on its seam.
More example sentences
- There was some family pedigree with his uncle playing in four Tests in 1989 as a seam bowler, the first of them a big win over England at Headingley.
- And then we've got to keep on developing good seam bowlers, and create depth and competition in that.
- The Trinidad pitch is reported to have more life than the flat Bourda track, so South Africa's battery of seam bowlers will be a greater threat.
- More example sentences
- But his batting always flattered to deceive, and his seam bowling, though lively, lacked the aggression to trouble the best.
- Even a bowler who normally bowls only spin might have opened the bowling once, but he might have tried his seam bowling while doing so.
- Their seam bowling lacked direction, commitment and intensity and allowed England to reach 197 for one by tea.