Definition of seam bowler in English:
A bowler, generally fast, who makes the ball deviate by bouncing on its seam.
- There was some family pedigree with his uncle playing in four Tests in 1989 as a seam bowler, the first of them a big win over England at Headingley.
- And then we've got to keep on developing good seam bowlers, and create depth and competition in that.
- The Trinidad pitch is reported to have more life than the flat Bourda track, so South Africa's battery of seam bowlers will be a greater threat.
seam bowling noun
- Example sentences
- But his batting always flattered to deceive, and his seam bowling, though lively, lacked the aggression to trouble the best.
- Even a bowler who normally bowls only spin might have opened the bowling once, but he might have tried his seam bowling while doing so.
- Their seam bowling lacked direction, commitment and intensity and allowed England to reach 197 for one by tea.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan