- The skill, techniques, or practice of handling a ship or boat at sea: junior officers were trained in the rudiments of seamanship and navigation his bravery and seamanshipMore example sentences
- Getting a good start was imperative to finish in the top 10 and this meant some cunning seamanship around the start boat to ensure a clean start.
- Henceforth he would have to rely on his seamanship to navigate.
- Daniel Defoe was knowledgeable and proficient in seamanship, he understood the workings of a ship and the skills required for its operation.
More definitions of seamanshipDefinition of seamanship in:
- The US English dictionary