1 Cricket another term for seam bowler.
- We picked three seamers because the wicket did assist swing bowling and there are lights here.
- Where others looked at spinners, seamers and batsmen, he saw folk heroes, comics and tragedians.
- Now the search is on for a new seamer to work alongside the pace bowlers Andrew Harris, Greg Smith and Ryan Sidebottom.
2A person who seams garments.
- The gutsy left-arm seamer showed his skills with the bat on a track where his more illustrious team-mates were dismissed cheaply.
- The same, however, cannot be said about opting to bat in a seamer's paradise in the second Test after winning the toss.
- He sells his wicket dearly and always bowls tightly, as a No 3 seamer should.
Words that rhyme with seamerbeamer, blasphemer, Colima, creamer, dreamer, emphysema, femur, Iwo Jima, Kagoshima, lemur, Lima, oedema (US edema), ottava rima, Pima, reamer, redeemer, schema, schemer, screamer, Selima, steamer, streamer, terza rima, Tsushima
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: seam¦er
Definition of seamer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.