- 1 Cricket another term for seam bowler.More example sentences
- We picked three seamers because the wicket did assist swing bowling and there are lights here.
- Where others looked at spinners, seamers and batsmen, he saw folk heroes, comics and tragedians.
- Now the search is on for a new seamer to work alongside the pace bowlers Andrew Harris, Greg Smith and Ryan Sidebottom.
- 1.1A ball which deviates by bouncing on its seam.More example sentences
- Nash's last ball was a deliberate seamer, but he made the blunder of digging it in too short.
- I couldn't see the seamers and I couldn't see the spinners, either, so I am not quite sure how that works.
- 2A person who seams garments.More example sentences
- The gutsy left-arm seamer showed his skills with the bat on a track where his more illustrious team-mates were dismissed cheaply.
- The same, however, cannot be said about opting to bat in a seamer's paradise in the second Test after winning the toss.
- He sells his wicket dearly and always bowls tightly, as a No 3 seamer should.
More definitions of seamerDefinition of seamer in:
- The US English dictionary