Definition of seamy in English:
adjective (seamier, seamiest)
Sordid and disreputable: a seamy sex scandal
More example sentences
- Nevertheless, I do not see sex between consenting adults as seamy, sleazy or even necessarily steamy.
- To me, the deepest feeling I have about this field is that it is a bitter experience to see the seamy side of life.
- Yes, that's the thing that disturbs me, because there are so many people who apparently want to hear the seamy side of life about people who are in trouble.
- seaminess noun
- Example sentences
- The poet stitches his epic out of speech's defects, not its seemlinesses or even its seaminess.
- Pine's saxwork has the seaminess necessary for a private dick of dubious past.
Words that rhyme with seamybeamy, creamy, dreamy, gleamy, Mimi, preemie, steamy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.