- Thoroughly scrutinizing, especially in a disconcerting way: you have to ask yourselves some searching questionsMore example sentences
- Few tracks offer a most searching examination of a thoroughbred's ability, and potential.
- That in turn begs searching questions about future investment and growth.
- It was a searching question which he repeated four minutes later, when the same combination produced an identical result.
- More example sentences
- Rina looked hard and searchingly at me, but finally she sighed.
- We must always question, honestly and searchingly, the wisdom of any war.
- Nor is the symbolism explored as searchingly as it might be.