- A powerful outdoor electric light with a concentrated beam that can be turned in the required direction: the lifeboat’s searchlight picked out a survivor on the rocksMore example sentences
- The contact boat was only two miles from Grafton, and a chase ensued, with the suspected smugglers being illuminated by powerful searchlights.
- Eighty-eight powerful searchlights are used, each with a 7,000-watt bulb.
- They also move about unrestrained by razor wire, searchlights, locks or electric fences.
More definitions of searchlightDefinition of searchlight in:
- The US English dictionary