- Better still, take advantage of special offers on fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables instead.
- We shall be looking to rediscover that seasonal, characteristic resolution.
- Fresh seasonal food, simply yet lovingly prepared, is all that matters.
- Enso should not be used as a shortcut to a long term seasonal rainfall forecast.
- The formation of low and high vessel density wood coincided with the seasonal rainfall distribution.
- They help reduce labour costs and provide needed flexibility when there are seasonal fluctuations.
People sometimes confuse the words seasonal and seasonable. Seasonal means ‘relating to a particular season’ ( seasonal fresh fruit) or ‘fluctuating or restricted according to the season’ ( there are companies whose markets are seasonal), while seasonable is a rarer word which means ‘usual for or appropriate to a particular season’ ( in December the magazine carried cartoons and songs, including a seasonable Christmas carol).
- Example sentences
- He is hoping to expand on research completed for his PhD, which focussed on seasonality and its impacts on people's moods.
- For many animals seasonality is common, as shown in winter hibernation, and olfaction plays an important role.
- One regrettable aspect of modern living is the loss of seasonality.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sea|son¦al
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.