(Of a boat) in a good enough condition to sail on the sea.
- Assuredly Chinese ships were seaworthy enough to sail across the Pacific and back.
- His coastguard - one seaworthy ship - sailed to Poti.
- Team 3 is responsible for the engineering compartments and ensures the vessel is actually seaworthy.
- Example sentences
- Over the past fifteen years I've sailed various boats of differing seaworthiness in the bay and along the coast.
- Moreover the seaworthiness of the vessel required that cargo should be correctly stowed.
- His exploits follow a long line of expeditions trying to prove the seaworthiness of primitive boats.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sea|worthy
Definition of seaworthy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.