Definition of seaworthy in English:
(Of a boat) in a good enough condition to sail on the sea.
- Assuredly Chinese ships were seaworthy enough to sail across the Pacific and back.
- His coastguard - one seaworthy ship - sailed to Poti.
- Team 3 is responsible for the engineering compartments and ensures the vessel is actually seaworthy.
- Example sentences
- Over the past fifteen years I've sailed various boats of differing seaworthiness in the bay and along the coast.
- Moreover the seaworthiness of the vessel required that cargo should be correctly stowed.
- His exploits follow a long line of expeditions trying to prove the seaworthiness of primitive boats.
Words that rhyme with seaworthyGalsworthy
Definition of seaworthy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia