- (also a pair of secateurs) British A pair of pruning clippers for use with one hand.More example sentences
- Make sure all tools are in perfect working order, for instance it's much easier to prune with sharp secateurs.
- Now until the end of the July is the time to get out the secateurs and start pruning those roses.
- He removed his rucksack from his back, and took out his secateurs and his hedge clippers.
mid 19th century: plural of French sécateur 'cutter', formed irregularly from Latin secare 'to cut'.
More definitions of secateursDefinition of secateurs in:
- The US English dictionary