1British The floor two levels above the ground floor.
- People from this hotel have been moved up from the first floor and the ground floor to the second floor to get them away from any flooding risk.
- Mr. John Taylor saw evidence of active dry rot beneath the floorboards at second floor level.
- A man dressed in a white suit looked down from the balcony of the second floor to the dance floor.
1.1North American The floor directly above the ground floor.
- On the second floor, laying directly over the front of the restaurant was his home.
- They pounded their way up through the stair well to the second floor of the building.
- The bedroom and our water storage tank and pressurizing system are on the second floor.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sec¦ond floor
Definition of second floor in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.