- 1The floor two levels above the ground floor.More example sentences
- People from this hotel have been moved up from the first floor and the ground floor to the second floor to get them away from any flooding risk.
- Mr. John Taylor saw evidence of active dry rot beneath the floorboards at second floor level.
- A man dressed in a white suit looked down from the balcony of the second floor to the dance floor.
- 1.1North American The floor directly above the ground floor.More example sentences
- On the second floor, laying directly over the front of the restaurant was his home.
- They pounded their way up through the stair well to the second floor of the building.
- The bedroom and our water storage tank and pressurizing system are on the second floor.
More definitions of second floorDefinition of second floor in:
- The US English dictionary