- A rank of officer in the army and the US air force, above warrant officer or chief warrant officer and below lieutenant or first lieutenant.More example sentences
- Drew was commissioned a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army Signal Corps in April 1986.
- I learned to ask these questions as a second lieutenant in the Army Reserve.
- Upon graduation from college, she received a direct commission as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserve.
More definitions of second lieutenantDefinition of second lieutenant in:
- The US English dictionary