(US also second thought)
- A change of opinion or resolve reached after considering something again: on second thoughts, perhaps he was rightMore example sentences
rethink, reconsider, review, revise, re-examine, re-evaluate, reassess, reappraise, think better of, think over, take another look at, look at in a different light, have another think about; change, alter, modify; think again, think twice, review one's position, come round, change one's mindqualm, misgivings, doubt, reservation, scruple; suspicion, distrust, mistrust, lack of faith, lack of confidence, diffidence; trepidation, scepticism, worry, unease, uneasiness, anxiety, apprehension, uncertainty, niggle, disquiet, disquietude, hesitation, hesitance, hesitancy
- So you have no second thoughts about this proposal to create this intelligence czar?
- I wasn't exactly keen, but my husband wanted to go, though we did have second thoughts when they had to screw the door shut.
- On second thoughts, senior police probably will turn up - to arrest the protesters.
More definitions of second thoughtsDefinition of second thoughts in:
- The US English dictionary