- Any physical characteristic developing at puberty which distinguishes between the sexes but is not directly involved in reproduction.More example sentences
- Male secondary sexual characteristics develop normally in puberty, although the testicles typically are small.
- During puberty the sexual organs mature, the secondary sexual characteristics (such as breasts and body hair) develop and reproduction becomes possible.
- I wonder if there's a similar study of whether young boys are developing secondary sexual characteristics at comparable ages?
More definitions of secondary sexual characteristicDefinition of secondary sexual characteristic in:
- The US English dictionary