- The local three-dimensional structure of sheets, helices, or other forms adopted by a polynucleotide or polypeptide chain, due to electrostatic attraction between neighbouring residues.More example sentences
- This indicates that the secondary structure at helices C and H is preserved upon adsorption to the lipid bilayer.
- The secondary structure of all three proteins comprises [alpha] helices as well as [beta] sheets.
- In general, the secondary structure of the individual helices is very well conserved.
More definitions of secondary structureDefinition of secondary structure in:
- The US English dictionary