Definition of securitize in English:
verb[with object] (often as adjective securitized)
Convert (an asset, especially a loan) into marketable securities, typically for the purpose of raising cash by selling them to other investors: the use of securitized debt as a major source of corporate finance
More example sentences
- Additionally, many asset-backed conduits purchase financial assets already securitized by other funding corporations.
- And much of the debt has been securitized into income shares sold to the public which has no knowledge of what they bought.
- As more companies securitize their assets, the arguments become even more bitter.
- Example sentences
- However, securitization may not get a lender completely off the hook in the eyes of credit analysts.
- But the cost of securitization is greater than the cost of sourcing funds in the inter-bank and retail deposit markets.
- And not all microcredit gurus are so sure securitization will take off.
Pronunciation: /sɪkjʊərɪtʌɪˈzeɪʃ(ə)n/ /sɪkjɔːrɪtʌɪˈzeɪʃ(ə)n/noun
Definition of securitize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.