- 1A verification of the identity and trustworthiness of an employee in order to maintain security: some 400,000 security checks were run on Manhattan Project employeesMore example sentences
- Tim Verheyden said he was able to bring a package resembling a bomb through the security check for airport employees.
- Security at the court was tight with hand-held metal detectors, and a second security check inside the building.
- Newly released video show some of the hijackers going through a security check at Dulles Airport outside Washington.
- 1.1A search of an area or of a person and their baggage for concealed weapons or explosives: a standard security check uncovered a loaded .22-cal. revolver in his carry-on bagMore example sentences
- We are satisfied with the results of the security check and will not be closing again unless there is a specific threat.
- They should be coming round on a regular basis and doing a security check to look at if anything could be done.
- They've agreed to hire an international expert to conduct a new security check of Australia's international air gateways.
More definitions of security checkDefinition of security check in:
- The US English dictionary