- 1.1 [mass noun] The action or crime of publishing a seditious statement: James had the bishops tried for seditious libelMore example sentences
- Another tactic of the government to silence criticism was to prosecute authors, printers and publishers for seditious libel, a common law crime.
- These varied from the trials and subsequent execution of radicals for treason, to trials for sedition and seditious libel.
- One of the posters, questioning the independence of the commissioners, resulted in the South Australian government laying archaic charges of criminal and seditious libel against the paper.
More definitions of seditious libelDefinition of seditious libel in:
- The US English dictionary