Definition of seductive in English:
Tempting and attractive; enticing: a seductive voice
More example sentences
- His voice dropped to a seductive whisper and Dawn felt it all the way to her toes.
- They have a beauty all their own, a seductive, sexy, sinuous swiftness that puts everything else in the sea to shame.
- I spent time writing a song that was designed to be for a techno beat and the lyrics were tantalizing and seductive.
sexy, sexually arousing, sexually exciting, alluring, tempting, suggestive, tantalizing, fascinating, ravishing, captivating, bewitching, immodest, shameless, erotic, sensuous, sultry, slinky, passionate, raunchy, steamy, coquettish, amorous, flirtatious, provocative, come-hither
informalcome-to-bed, tarty, hot
attractive, appealing, inviting, alluring, tempting, enticing, beguiling, engaging, winning, irresistible
- Example sentences
- Steve knows all about the glamour and seductiveness of drugs.
- While his work, in its seductiveness, might appeal to unsophisticated tastes, there is nothing unsophisticated about the paintings themselves.
- What Rosenbaum is drawn to is the seductiveness of the hidden.
Mid 18th century: from seduction, on the pattern of pairs such as induction, inductive.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.