- another term for pteridosperm.More example sentences
- One example, from the Calhoun Flora of Illinois, is a seed fern that bears prepollen (a kind of microspore) far bigger than any known wind-dispersed pollen.
- Glossopteris, for example, was an extinct seed fern with distinctive leaf patterns.
- There is some agreement that both living and extinct cycads were derived from seed ferns, but paleobotanists still debate exactly if, when, and how this happened.
More definitions of seed fernDefinition of seed fern in:
- The US English dictionary