- A bed of fine soil in which seedlings are germinated.More example sentences
- This suggests that if newly germinated seedlings in seedbeds were exposed to low water potentials which were later relieved by rain or irrigation, then emergence could be delayed without necessarily increasing seedling losses.
- That's why we recommend you plant in anticipation of rainfall in your area, and if rains don't come, water to keep your seedbed moist until your seedlings are established.
- Water the seedbed thoroughly with a fine spray.
More definitions of seedbedDefinition of seedbed in:
- The US English dictionary